Do you have skills that can be used in Scouting?
Would you like to develop leadership skills beyond leading a section?
Check out the roles and positions available in Hume Region below.
Position Vacant: Hume Region Business Development Officer
Full Time Position with Hume Region
Applications close Sunday 21st July
Full details including Position Description are available at
or they are available here:
About the Role
Working across a wide area, this business development position is a flexible permanent position focused on maintaining and expanding our membership and building a stronger profile in this growing and diverse part of Sydney. The successful applicant will play an important role in helping develop the profile of the organisation while building support and enthusiasm in the community.
The Key responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain relationships with schools, businesses, community organisations and media to increase and improve opportunities to promote our product program, including face-to-face site visits
- Deliver against an action plan in line with objectives of the position
- Manage elements relating to marketing, planning and delivery
- Implement initiatives to effectively target future members
- Work as part of a local team
- Be the key driver in implementing the growth and retention strategies developed by the Region Executive
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in business development person, perhaps with marketing and sales skills
- Successfully maintained an effective call cycle within the defined territory
- Implemented marketing and sales strategies to enhance consideration by the target audience
- Skilled at building strong customer relationships with key decision makers
- Effective at managing your time
- Strong selling and negotiating ability
- Ability to close and secure business in the short term whilst maintain a long term relationship
- Superior phone and interpersonal skills with excellent customer service focus
- Excellent computer skills
- Must have a full driving licence
Read the full Position Description here.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive remuneration package with the opportunity to make an incredible difference for young people in this growing part of Sydney.
If you believe you are suited to this role please submit your cover letter and resume or CV to email@example.com
Applications close at 11:59pm on 21 July 2019.